Hello dear friends! I recently experienced terrible back pain. I decided not to self-medicate and consult a doctor. What he told me was a great discovery for me. I am happy to hurry to share this information with you.
Before going to the doctor, I just thought that back pain from overstrain and fatigue. However, the doctor dispelled my guesses. It turned out that the back muscles are not developed at all. They are weakened, they need regular training and special exercises for the lumbar spine.
The lumbar spine is undergoing tremendous stress. Moreover, there are a lot of nerve endings in it. That is why it is so easy to harm him. Very often we forget about it, and do not pay attention to this area when playing sports. But the muscles of the lumbar should always be in good shape.
As you can see, discomfort can occur not only due to any disease in this area, but also due to weakened muscles. But do not forget that undeveloped muscles can only be the beginning of problems.
You may also encounter the following diseases:
- Spondylosis – deformation and changes in the shape of the vertebrae. It is inherent for a more mature age.
- Hernia . It usually occurs with heavy loads on the spine, and a sedentary lifestyle.
- Narrowing of the spinal canal. In this case, the nerves are in a squeezed position, which causes an inflammatory process.
- Lumbosacral radiculitis. It occurs due to changes in the shape of the intervertebral discs and joints.
- Osteochondrosis – degradation of the intervertebral discs. It occurs more often than all of the above diseases.
To avoid all these problems, you need to be proactive. Thus, exercises for the lumbar spine are an effective prevention of its various diseases.
Therapeutic gymnastics is useful to everyone both for prevention and for the treatment of diseases. Nevertheless, there are contraindications in which it is undesirable to exercise therapy.
- The early stage of the disease. If you start to do gymnastics at this time, you can provoke an exacerbation. In this case, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will select the individual exercises for you according to your characteristics.
- Temperature. At temperature, pain can only intensify.
- Oncological diseases. Such diseases affect the body as a whole. Therefore, doctors advise to abandon complex exercises.
- Infectious diseases. Such inflammatory processes can increase pain during exercise therapy.
- Internal or external bleeding.
- Pregnancy. Before deciding to do gymnastics for the lumbar, you should consult your doctor. Since pregnancy already puts special pressure on this area, exercises can only worsen the situation. In this case, the doctor will either insist on refusing to train the back, or make up an individual set of exercises for you.
What may be needed for exercise therapy? I would advise you to buy only a special mat that will brighten up your workouts. It is designed so that on it you will feel comfortable when doing exercises. Let’s now look at the exercises for the lumbar spine, which must be performed to strengthen his muscles.
Strengthening the muscles of the lower back
1. The mood.
Lie on your back. Bend your knees.
Feet shoulder width apart.
Hands near the body, palms up.
Take a deep breath with your chest, count to 5, exhale slowly. Do 10 reps.
2. Lift the knees.
Lie on your back. Spread your arms to the sides, palms up. As you inhale, raise your knees and hold them to your chest.
The feet are extended parallel to the floor.
Breathe calmly. Stay in this position for 15-30 seconds.
As you exhale, lower your feet to the floor. Repeat 8-10 times.
Lie on a hard surface with your back down. Spread your arms to the sides, palms down. Bend your legs at the knees.
Turn your knees in different directions. Turn your head in the direction opposite to your knees.
Perform 12 repetitions in one direction for 2 sets.
4. Lift the pelvis.
Lie on your back. Put your hands next to the body with your palms down. Bend your legs at the knees.
Lift the pelvis as you inhale. Lower as you exhale. Perform 12 repetitions of 2 sets.
5. The boat.
Lie on a hard surface on your stomach. Stretch your arms forward. Feet parallel to the floor.
Raise your left leg and right arm alternately. Stay in this position for 5-10 seconds.
Then do the same for the opposite side. Repeat 8-10 times for each side.
Stretching the lumbar
Stretching is also very important for the spine. It helps to restore muscle function and relax after a hard day.
1. Stand on a hard surface. Feet shoulder width apart. Bend your knees slightly.
Place your palms on your lumbar. Perform forward and backward movement of the pelvis for 1.5-2 minutes.
2.Tilt your torso at 30 degrees. Bend your knees slightly.
Perform the same exercise: moving back and forth with your pelvis with your hands on your lower back for 1 minute.
3. Sit on your heels. Tilt your chest to your knees.
Put your head on the floor.
Hands along the body, palms up.
Take the pose of the baby. Relax and breathe deeply for a minute.
4. Sit on the floor. Straighten your legs. Point your toes towards yourself.
Wrap your arms around your feet or lower legs. Straighten your back.
Then relax your back and go down to your knees.
Hold this position for 10 breaths.
5. Get on all fours. Slowly pull your left leg toward you. Take the right one straight back.
Straighten your posture. Lift your head up. Stay in this position for 10 breaths.
These postures and exercises will help you relax and stretch your lumbar muscles.
Complex for osteochondrosis
Since osteochondrosis is now a fairly common occurrence, I would like to consider separately a set of exercises for this disease.
1) Contraction of the abdominal muscles. Tighten and relax your abdominal muscles until mild fatigue occurs, as far as your physical fitness allows you.
2) Get on all fours.
Raise your head and bend your back, hands rest on the floor (see photo).
Hold for a few seconds.
Then lower your head and straighten your back.
Perform 10 repetitions.
3) Lie on your back. Keep your hands behind your head.
Bend your legs at the knees, feet on the floor shoulder width apart and even more.
Alternately, try to touch the floor with your knees.
When doing the knee, start inside.
Do not tear your lower back from the floor (see photo). Perform 10 repetitions on each leg.
4) Lie on your back. Bend your right leg to your knees. Straighten the left. Lift your head. Grasp your bent leg with your hands. Hold in this position for 5-10 seconds. Do the same for the opposite side. 10 sets on each leg (see photo)
The above exercises are effectively performed in the morning.
Do not forget about your health . This is not a big deal. Do not be lazy and find half an hour a day to devote to yourself. Lead an active lifestyle: running, swimming, playing sports. Then you will not only improve your well-being, but your body will be grateful to you and “last” longer! Well, the article is coming to an end!